Qumran Fund Progress

Qumran Support Progress
5076 / 4000 (126.90%)

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Qumran 2012 is official!

At the beginning of our Old Testament Survey class with Dr. Cooper, said that he had still not received word concerning the Qumran trip. After class I asked to be notified once he heard. He picked up his phone and noticed he had numerous emails waiting. He couldn't go through the emails quick enough. Then as he read one email I waited with deep anticipation. It wasn't until he said those golden words, "The dig permit has been granted," that I was able to breathe again!

I immediately spread the exciting news through every technological means at my fingertips!

Then once I got home I put a pot of tea (yes, earl grey tea) on and started assembling support letters. I worked well into the morning and got some 36 letters ready to go out the following day.

I am thrilled at this opportunity! Now Dr. Cooper did mention a pizza place he likes to go. He said that he looks forward to it every trip because he says, "It is the best pizza I have ever had--and I like pizza!" I must say that he now has even my taste buds eager to visit the Holy Land!

No comments:

Post a Comment