Qumran Fund Progress

Qumran Support Progress
5076 / 4000 (126.90%)

Sunday, April 22, 2012

"Bye Bye Birdie"



Charlie has officially headed south for a couple months and the apartment is already too quiet. I had been concerned about what to do with Charlie while I was overseas. After talking with the folks, we decided to meet up and give my parents the bird. (No people, I am not referencing a waving gesture using only a center digit.)

The visit was good for us to catch up on what is going on and dad shared with me his Israel photos. I hope to retake a few of his photos on my trip, just for some strange sense of enjoyment. Of course I forgot how much of a photographer he is. For some reason I had envisioned about 5 rolls of film. In reality there were closer to 50 rolls of film, photos, and slides. (Some of my friends are finally starting to understand why I take so many photos.)

So be warned, I plan to bore you with photos upon my return.

For the faint at heart and shorter attention spans: avoid making eye-contact, run for the hills, and remove Jerusalem from your vocabulary (or consider replacement phrases like: "the city found at 31.7833° N, 35.2167° E").

For the remotely-interested and those who find the topic unavoidable: ask about specific places--ten minutes before the service begins. Oh and consider a quick exit after the service. Pew jumping might be necessary.

To those that live life without a net and those that have more than 10 hours free at a time: ask to see the photo flipbook of my trip with a personal play-by-play. Nod often, smile throughout, maintain eye-contact, and use phrases like, "tell me more" and "then what?"

No comments:

Post a Comment